Thursday, January 2, 2014

A-Z Mystery Author Challenge





I'm always excited to get an email from Michelle saying that her A-Z Mystery Author challenge sign-up is ready to go.  I just got it about ten minutes ago.  You all have to know that I love me some mysteries!  And I love trying to fill out the alphabet with mystery authors.  Here's the word from Michelle herself [aw, shucks, she mentioned my name]:

I am doing this challenge again this year because I have a few of you out there who really love it. (Thanks Bev!) I will always strive to read as many mysteries and thrillers as I can. It is one of my favorite genres. Over the last few years my reading pace has slowed. I am listening to as many books as I am reading so last year's stats puts me at 6 new mysteries read. I only challenged myself to read 24 books so I think that's doing okay in my book!
...As always, have fun and discover new authors or read those that you have been wanting to for too long!

Rules: A-Z represents the LAST name of the author in the mystery, thriller, suspense, cozy, noir, etc. genre. Read as many or as little as you want. Post your links here for your Challenge post and your reviews! (click link above to take you there)Challenge Runs January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014

My declared commitment will once again be for the letters A-M.  I say that because, although I will try for every letter, I will probably have to cheat on the letter X.  There are few authors whose last name starts with X and even fewer in mystery genres I like--so I'll probably wind up sticking an X wherever it will work.  

Here's my list (normally, I fill it in ahead of time--this year I'm going to fill them in as they come:
A: Exit Actors, Dying by Margot Arnold (2/4/14)
B: Cursed in the Act by Raymond Buckland (2/16/14)
C: Shelf Life by Douglas Clark (2/6/14)
D: The Skeleton in the Clock by Carter Dickson (1/8/14)
E: No. 9 Belmont Square by Margaret Erskine (6/21/14)
F: By the Watchman's Clock by Leslie Ford (5/23/14)
G: Vertigo 42 by Martha Grimes (9/4/14)
H: The Xiblaba Murders by Lyn Hamilton (1/18/14)
I: Lament for a Maker by Michael Innes (10/8/14)
J: Decoded by Mai Jia (4/5/14)
K: The Mangle Street Murders by M. R. C. Kasasian (8/5/14)
L: Death on the Aisle by Frances & Richard Lockridge (1/24/14)
M: Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell (1/5/14)
Commitment Complete 10/8/14
_____________________________
Bonus:
N: Death of a Dutchman by Magdalen Nabb (11/18/14)
O: Where There's Love, There's Hate by Silvina Ocampo & Adolfo Bioy Casares (2/5/14)
P: The Godwulf Manuscript by Robert B. Parker (6/19/17)
Q: Ellery Queen's 20th Anniversary Annual by Ellery Queen, ed (2/22/14)
R: Shake Hands Forever by Ruth Rendell (1/13/14)
S: Gambit by Rex Stout (2/8/14)
T: The Adventure of the Eleven Cuff-Buttons by James Francis Thierry (1/26/14)
U: Two for Sorrow by Nicola Upson (9/27/14)
V: The Winter Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine (1/23/14)
W: Darkness at Pemberely by T. H. White (1/30/14)
X: A Death for a Dancer by E. X. Giroux (9/28/14)
Y: The Dark Ring of Murder by Misa Yamamura (11/19/14)
Z: The Lady of Sorrows by Anne Zouroudi (4/26/14)

5 comments:

Marce said...

I'm in too Bev, yaaaay for Michelle doing it again.

Good luck, you are always so good with it.

Tea said...

This is just the challenge I want. Glad I came back by. Thanks for giving your time to these challenges. I'm going to sign up for the A-Z.

Tea said...

I will declare A-H.

Bev Hankins said...

Tea norman...you'll want to sign up with Michelle (link at the top). This one isn't one of my sponsored challenges. But it's a good one!

Tea said...

Bev Hankins, thanks for leading me in the right direction. Appreciate it.:)